Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

It is so easy to reflect on your current situation and think "Woe is me". But when taking the time to reflect on the past twelve months of my life I am really overwhelmed with emotion. Emotion that floods out any negative thought that tries to creep into my mind. The prayers, support, love and generosity of others are simply a reflection of an amazing God pouring out His blessing on His un-deserving children.


It was this time last year that I was simply exhausted and drained both mentally and physically. I had a job that allowed me to see our great nation from coast to coast yet required a huge sacrifice of my family and myself. I traveled four and five days a week allowing myself limited time to be the husband and father that I longed for. I also was involved and committed to the vision of our church in Springfield, Life Fellowship Church. I never wavered in my commitment to my job or the church yet inside I knew something had to change as I was wearing down. My employer at the time approached me about considering another position within the company that would take me off the road and allow me to be home all of the time. The only thing was that it would require me to move my family to Omaha, Nebraska. While I have never been fearful of change it would affect not only me but lots of people. I immediately went to the men that I worked alongside with at the church and shared with them my heart and desire to quit travelling and be home with my family. They agreed to pray and seek God and His will for what should happen. As a family we agreed to pursue the offer regarding Omaha and see if this was something we could do. We visited the area, looked at housing and the whole nine yards. We continued to pray as did the men at church that I confided in. Long story short, we heard the Lord tell us it was time to move..........back to Amarillo. I shared what I believed God was doing with the men at church and they confirmed that they felt peace in their hearts that we were doing exactly what God wanted for us.

I will forever be THANKFUL to those men at Life Fellowship Church for not only serving together with me, but selflessly praying and supporting what God was doing in our lives. Those men are Kary Kingsland, Ken Hebden, Rick Taylor, Pastor Jeff Baird and Skipp Phipps.

I don't want to ramble on with the blog, but my time in Missouri is a time that I will never forget. As a family we miss Missouri so bad that it hurts. We know we are where God wants us and are grateful to have such a wonderful memory of our friends that eventually became our family in Missouri. I am THANKFUL for the hole in my heart as we miss Missouri because if it weren't for the hurt I couldn't grasp and understand the true love that our Missouri family has for us and that we have for them.

As we have now lived in Amarillo for eight months it has been quite an adjustment time for us. I took a job that God provided and it has been a huge blessing to us. While I took a significant pay cut, it has been just what I needed. I longed for an opportunity to have a job that was "low stress" and allowed me time to rest and focus on my personal health. Not only did God give me that very job He also made provision through my employer as they financially support what has been a huge transformation thus far concerning my health. I am THANKFUL for Diversified Industrial Service Companies for providing a job that not only allows me to be home every night with my family, they also pay for me to train four days a week with a personal trainer and I have lost approximately SIXTY pounds in five months. I feel great, am more active in the lives of my wife and son and I am on my way to full restoration of my health.

I mentioned that I took a significant pay cut when I moved to Amarillo. It was simply a step of faith and if God don't provide then on paper we simply can't afford the change we made. With that being said I am THANKFUL for my best friend of 22 years whom I consider my brother, Shane Passmore. Shane and I grew up together at a place called Cal Farley's Boys Ranch and have remained in touch every day for 22 years. Shane is the owner of Texas Investigations and as his business has grown he has allowed me to learn and work for his business. God has used Shane miraculously to be a source for our family to financially be able to make it. I am blessed to have him in my life.

Finally, when we left Missouri we left LOTS of friends that became dear to our hearts. To say this has been a sometimes lonely transition would be an understatement. But as you can read above God is in the business of taking care of His children. Today I am THANKFUL for our awesome neighbors Chad and Kyla Beedy. Chad and Kyla reached out to us as their neighbors just when we needed it. They possess that Texas southern hospitality that we all read and hear about. They simply have loved us and been a support and they probably don't even realize the impact they have made on our lives and how much they have blessed us. Today Angel is the nanny to their precious daughter Ansley. While it is a financial blessing to have that responsibility, the friendship that has developed over the past 8 months is priceless. We truly have the best neighbors ever that we dearly love.

I realize this has been long and if you struggled to read through it, that is okay. But it helps me to reflect back on how AWESOME our God has been and reveal to me that I live a very blessed life and am highly favored in His eyes.

Skipp Phipps.....I love you so much and miss you every single day. I know that God put us together for a reason and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our friendship is for a lifetime. I am so THANKFUL for you.

Shane Passmore....You are simply the best. No one knows me inside and out like you do. Twenty two years is not a coincidence it is a destiny and a covenant friendship. I love you brother. I can't imagine life without you.

Angel...My wonderful wife and ultimate best friend. You have supported and stood by my side for sixteen years. I would not be where I am today without you. You have believed in me when no one else would. You have been the "rock" in my life. I can't put into words how THANKFUL I am for you every single day. You make life worth living. I love you!


I don't want to leave out my awesome family in Amarillo as I am so THANKFUL to each and every one of you. You all supported us without hesitation when we took on the task of moving to Missouri and you welcomed us home with open arms. I love you so much and it is all of you that make up the foundation that we build on and go through life with. Thank you Mom, Granny, Pop, Eugene, Debbie, Brandee, Candee and Jeremy. I love you all so much!

I love you all....thank you for a great past twelve months. I am THANKFUL for my life to date and look forward to the opportunities and change that lie ahead for us.

Blessings......Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment