Friday, April 16, 2010

What about "Others"?

A common comment going on around Amarillo right now is: "I wish this rain would stop, I need to mow my yard". "How much longer is it going to rain, I can't go outside".

I personally love the rain, but as I pondered on these comments and comments in similar nature about other things in life I began to think...."but there are people that are blessed and benefit because of the rain". There are people blessed and benefit from the heat. There are people that are blessed and benefit from humid conditions as well as dry conditions.

Philippians 2:4 tells us: Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

There are so many times that I complain about a "climate" going on in my life whether it be the weather, business hours of my favorite store, church service times and the list goes on.

Starting today I vow to try and not look at the "climate" in my day so selfishly and try to appreciate that someone is being blessed by the rain.

Be blessed,
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment